The Greek defines Fasting as "To Abstain from food".
- Fresh Anointing
Spiritual Fasting is closely connected with Prayer and studying the word of God. As you study different Scriptures in the bible, you will find Prayer and Fasting goes hand in hand with one another.
While you are on your Fast, set aside a time for Prayer and reading God's Word. Also there are a few things to consider.
- Identify what you desire to get out of the fast.
- Be very Specific in prayer with what you what.
- Don't give in or cave in to temptation. If you set out to Fast for 21 days, don't stop Fasting on day 20.
- Lastly, enjoy your time with the Lord. Fasting brings about such a refreshing and renewal unlike anything I've ever experienced. Write down what the Holy Spirit is speaking while also journaling any experiences you may have during this time.
Dictionary.com defines Fasting As.....
1. to abstain from all food.
2. to eat only sparingly or of certain kinds of food, esp. as a religious observance.
Biblical (Spiritual) Fasting